Who we are
We are Live & Breathe a fully integrated, fiercely independent agency that still possesses the passion and spirit that we started off with more than 30 years ago. Our goal is to do whatever it takes for ambitious brands to BE MORE.
We achieve this because together, we are more. With our multi-disciplinary team unleashing creativity to stimulate new growth for our clients.
As a Senior Copywriter at Live & Breathe you will be responsible for the creation and development of creative concepts, with a focus on copy. Ideas are your passion; words are your craft. And more than just ideas, you’re capable of rolling up your sleeves and crafting effective copy from headlines to long form body copy and everything in between.
Your imagination and flair for writing allows you to create persuasive engaging copy that influences human behaviour through smart thinking and sharp language that helps solve genuine business problems for our clients. You will carry yourself with confidence and be able to articulate yourself and ideas with ease.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understanding the client business and communication needs and the key proposition and creative brief that provides the basis for the work.
- Creating and crafting to a high standard of output to meet deadlines and exceed client expectations.
- Understanding the target audience their attitudes, motivations, and behaviours.
- Ability to craft stories and compelling copy that fit our clients’ brands tone of voice.
- Exceptional story-telling and narrative to help sell in ideas.
- Challenges the norm, continually proposing new ideas and rationalising them.
- Collaborate with other creatives, including art directors, designers, and creative technologists to deliver an excellent customer experience across all channels.
- Produce commercially effective copy that engages the target audience, addresses a client problem, and improves our clients; businesses by growing their brands and / or services.
- Conceptualise within the tone of voice style boundaries from existing brand guidelines, as well as writing and crafting inspiring and emotive headlines, descriptions, body copy, storyboards, and consumer journeys.
- Ability to present and sell ideas from concept to execution in an inspirational way.
- Manage briefs effectively, ensuring you are constantly pushing your creative and technical abilities to generate the best creative output.
- Aware of the basics of legal and regulatory background which must be adhered to.
Skills & Experience
- Provides strong insight-driven rationale for all work and creative ideas.
- Ability to analyse and apply existing brand guidelines into thinking.
- An excellent command of the English language – spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Demonstrates excellent conceptual abilities.
- Has a passion for crafting work and making it brilliant.
- Flexible writing style able to write clear, accurate and persuasive copy that can engage different audiences.
- Can work across different channels. Comfortably writing everything from scripts and ads to snappy headlines and calls to action.
- Can sell in your ideas creatively, with clarity and conviction. Writing rationales and presentation decks confidently
- Thinks visually. With an appreciation for how design, photography and art direction bring your ideas and words to life.
- Proven experience as a Senior Copywriter with experience in a creative / CX agency.
- Experience leading 360 brand and digital activations through the full customer experience.
- Keen interest in emerging trends and technologies
Live and Breathe value and embrace people from all backgrounds and are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent.
Alongside a competitive salary you will get the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Truly flexible working
- Birthday as holiday
- Loyalty holiday scheme
- Wellbeing Allowance
- Finish Early Fridays
- Paid time off to volunteer