Who we are
We are Live & Breathe a fully integrated, fiercely independent agency that still possesses the passion and spirit that we started off with more than 30 years ago. Our goal is to do whatever it takes for ambitious brands to BE MORE.
We achieve this because together, we are more. With our multi-disciplinary team unleashing creativity to stimulate new growth for our clients.
As an Art Director at Live & Breathe you will be responsible for generating conceptual ideas in response to client briefs bringing your ideas to life visually. Ideas are your passion, images your craft. Your concepts will influence audience behaviour through smart thinking and engaging execution. And you must have the swagger and confidence to sell in your work, and a clear vision of how to articulate your work.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understanding and appreciating the context that lies behind a client’s business and communications need, and the key proposition.
- Understanding the target audience and proposed channels.
- Devising and developing original ideas that solve a business problem. These ideas need to be relevant to engage the target audience and address the client’s business problem.
- Develop creative ideas based on criteria in the creative brief and/or direction from senior leadership, collaborating with team members and copywriters.
- Create and design visuals across a wide range of on and offline channels.
- Create in-brand layouts and experiences by applying graphic design principles such as colour, typography, and photographic selection that create a compelling and visually attractive story for audiences.
- Provide a rationale for ideas and design choices; assure design meets business objectives whilst creating a compelling journey across touchpoints.
- Develop the style of the presentation for existing concepts/directions; determine best format to execute ideas.
- Ensure quality and preparation of deliverables for handoff to digital teams, developers, printers, or production partners.
- Define outlines and storyboards for animations or video (identifying the range of assets to be used, the story to be told).
- Research and identify trends in design language and branding and provide recommendations to our internal teams and partners.
- Ability to present and sell ideas from concept to execution in an inspirational way.
- Manage briefs effectively, ensuring you are constantly pushing your creative and technical abilities to generate the best creative output.
- Team player, who can operate effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines, tight budgets, and client mandatories.
- Tenacious and resilient throughout the frustrations of an iterative process.
- Aware of the basics of legal and regulatory background which must be adhered to.
Skills & Experience
- Strong design portfolio showing concepts and designs for a variety of brand and marketing projects.
- Great communication and collaboration mindset. This includes the ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members or clients.
- Solid working knowledge of the latest versions of applicable programs – Adobe Creative Suite, and PowerPoint. Understanding Figma is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of UX/web, online and offline, concepting and production, motion, social and content.
- Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people.
- Currently working with a creative copywriter, or previous experience in a creative team would be ideal.
- Understanding of video, editing or animation would be a big plus.
- Experience of consumer experience, activation, digital, social and use of new technologies
- Solid understanding of clients’ needs and the wider industry.
- Proven experience as Art Director with 5+ years in a creative / CX agency.
- Experience leading 360 brand and digital activations through the full customer experience.
- Keen interest in emerging trends and technologies
Live and Breathe value and embrace people from all backgrounds and are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent.
Alongside a competitive salary you will get the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Truly flexible working
- Birthday as holiday
- Loyalty holiday scheme
- Wellbeing Allowance
- Finish Early Fridays
- Paid time off to volunteer